Employment Opportunities at Wray Vision Source.
Wray Vision source is seeking candidates for the following positions –
Job Title: Optometric Assistant/Optician
Supervisor: Office Manager
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Patient workups and testing – including computerized visual fields, refractions, corneal topographies, retinal photographs, and other testing as assigned.
- Gathering patient health information, preparing exam room, taking acuities, other preliminary exam testing, inputting exam into patient’s medical record (computerized) and assisting the doctor as needed.
- Contact lens training – including instructing patients on insertion and removal of contact lenses, being knowledgeable on all types of contact lenses and solutions. Ordering contact lenses.
- Answering in-coming phone calls. Scheduling appointments with specialists and follow-up appointments.
- Organizing, cleaning & stocking exam lanes on a daily basis.
- Assisting doctors and team members with other duties as assigned.
- Assisting patients with selecting lenses, frames and add-ons by being knowledgeable in all aspects of ophthalmic prescription wear, optics and fundamental ocular problems and diseases.
- Overseeing the timeliness and accuracy of all prescription orders. Maintaining a good working relationship with lab personnel and vendors.
- Adjusting and repairing glasses. Trouble-shooting eyewear related problems and working with patients to assure comfortable glasses wear.
- Assisting in maintaining a quality inventory of frames, lenses and optical products. Overseeing the computer recording of frame inventory and helping with overall inventory control.
- Assisting with the buying of ophthalmic frames, sunglasses and other optical products.
- Maintaining the sales floor as an attractive sales area and keeping it well merchandized. Also overseeing the cleanliness of the area along with the frames and frame boards.
- Helping handle patients’ optical concerns, complaints, reorders and returns.
- Handling all credit invoices and assuring accurate vendor invoicing for cost control.
- Assisting doctors and office manager with other duties as assigned.
The person filling this position must be an outgoing professional who is able to work well with people of all ages. This individual must be able to assimilate technical information and relay it to patients in layman’s terms. They will be trained to work with optometric testing equipment, optical tools and have the ability to judge glasses fitting issues and make necessary changes. The optician must have a good fashion sense and be willing to influence and direct the sales of eyewear for the benefit of each patient. She/he must also be able to work independently and efficiently, overseeing the overall delivery of optical products and services.
We are excited to continue to build this team, consisting of hard-working, dedicated individuals who enjoy assisting our patients. This is a fast paced, and fun group who exhibits a patient first mindset and work great as a team. Experience in an office or medical office setting is a plus but we are willing to train! Responsibilities include greeting and checking in and out patients, collecting and reviewing patient information, scheduling appointments, explaining payment options, and assisting in other areas where needed.
This is a part-time position, 32 hours per week, Monday – Thursday.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and list of three work references to email@example.com.